Are you interested in selling on 4barsrest.shop?
If so, please read this guide together with our terms to better understand how our marketplace works as well as what is expected of our sellers.
4barsrest.shop is an online marketplace for sellers of musical instruments, equipment, accessories and sheet music. Sellers run their own stores, create their own policies and are responsible for their inventory, shipments and complying with the law.
4barsrest.shop provides a platform for sellers. We are not party to any transactions or other relationships between buyers and sellers. Sellers are responsible for ensuring that they have all the necessary rights to their content and that they are not infringing or violating intellectual property belonging to another party in any way.
It is important that you take the time to read our terms carefully and ensure that you understand them. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by these terms you must not open a store on 4barsrest.shop.
How do our fees work?
There are two basic selling fees: a transaction fee and a payment processing fee. It does not cost to open a store and publish a listing on our marketplace, but should an item sell there is a 10% transaction fee on the sale price (not including shipping costs).
Payments are accepted securely with Stripe and so there is a payment processing fee based on their fee structure. All fees are processed in pound sterling (GBP). So if your bank account is not in pound sterling (GBP), the amount may differ based on changes in the exchange rate.
When a Buyer pays for an item, their payment will be credited less the Transaction Fee directly to your Payment Service Account.
What can be sold on our marketplace?
- Musical instruments
- Musical equipment
- Musical accessories and sundry items
- Physical sheet music
- Downloadable sheet music
What cannot be sold on our marketplace?
- Alcohol, tobacco, drugs
- Animal products
- Dangerous items: hazardous materials, recalled items and weapons
- Items that promote, support or glorify hatred
- Illegal items and / or items promoting illegal activity
- Internationally regulated items
- Pornography and mature content
- Items that promote, support and glorify violence
Please refer to our terms for an exhaustive list on the items that cannot be sold on our marketplace.
It is important to note that when buying and selling internationally that other countries outside the United Kingdom may have their own restrictions. As such, you may be prohibited from exporting or importing certain items under international laws and regulations. Some transactions therefore may require licenses, permits or other supporting documentation. If you have any questions about how to comply with the law you must seek legal advice from a qualified professional.
What we expect from our sellers?
- Represent your business and the items that you sell honestly and accurately.
- Clearly explain your terms, conditions and processes for shipping, returns and refunds.
- List your products in the right categories with the correct information.
- List your products in accordance with our description policy.
- Take care when preparing and packaging your orders for shipping.
- Dispatch your orders in a timely manner.
- Respond promptly to buyer questions.
- Be polite, patient and understanding with customers when they request information, returns and / or refunds.
- Protect all personal information you receive and process in compliance with the law.